Perfect Vegan Snack with High Protein content.
- 400g silken tofu
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 60g breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- First, press tofu to remove excess water. Cut it into large cubes and place them inside a tupperware.
- Add paprika to vegetable stock, and pour the mixture over tofu cubes.
- Close the container and place it into the freezer overnight. The liquid will freeze and form bubbles in between tofu layers, resulting in chicken-like texture.
- The next day, take tofu out and set it aside to defrost. Once it has, drain the liquid and gently press the cubes again to get rid of remaining stock.
- While you’re waiting for tofu to thaw out, make the marinade. In a small bowl or cup, combine oil, tamari, nutritional yeast and liquid smoke.
- Dip the cubes into marinade covering all sides, then coat it with breadcrumbs and transfer onto oven mesh or a lined tray.
- Bake at 200 C (392 F) for 15 minutes. Enjoy as a snack with a selection of dips, use them as
a sandwich filling, or add these tofu bites to ramen soup.
- Cuisine: Continental
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 0.8
- Sodium: 218
- Fat: 3.7
- Saturated Fat: 0.6
- Carbohydrates: 6.4
- Fiber: 1.2
- Protein: 4.9
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Tofu, High Protein, Vegan Snacks, Low calorie